5 types of wishes to your mum - when simple words won’t do
Posted On: 2022-05-05
Categories: Rainbowsocks blog
Throughout the whole year, there is a day celebrating almost anything. Among weird national holidays, you will find Thumb Appreciation Day or Middle Name Pride Day. Others make much more sense and deserve real honouring, like National Socks Day (December 4th, put it in your calendar) or most important of all, Mother’s Day.
Mums deserve all appreciation in the world, so as Mother’s Day is approaching, make sure that you will give yours best wishes, whether you’re a child or an adult!
This moment when you have a beautiful card in your hand and the time comes to put pen to paper… What Mother’s Day messages would work best? Do you need a poem to express emotions, a few short words to say it all, or maybe some Mother’s Day quotes?
1. Wishes for each and every mother
If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
Mother’s Day is that moment of the year when everyone should remember to cherish their mums. We know that work and life effectively take it off your mind on an everyday basis, but once a year, you have a chance to make it up to her.
On this one special day, you can go with Mother’s Day poems, but if, just like us, you're not any sort of poet, then maybe these wishes will help you out:
- You are my favourite mum. I love you
- Thank you for putting up with me, even when I was driving you crazy!
- Thank you for always taking care of me, guiding me and supporting me every time I got cold feet in life.
Of course, such a card should be followed by a thoughtful gift, like a pair of cool but warm socks.
2. To mum from her daughter
The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life… the stronger the daughter
There is nothing like a bond between a mother and her daughter, and no one drives each other mad more than these two. This one day in a whole year should be a time to celebrate and enjoy the company of your mother. So, what are your plans for this big date?
If you are about to spend the day with your mum, you need to have matching outfits or at least socks. Whatever you have planned, don’t forget about Mother’s Day messages you can write on a note:
- There is only one mother for everyone…thankfully - but make sure your mum knows what you really think of her!
- Thank you, mum, for putting up with my attitude! Remember, I got it from you.
If you are more into Mother’s Day poems and nice messages on this occasion, here is something you might like:
- When you hear the question of what it’s like to have the best daughter in the world, make sure to ask Grandma!
- I'm glad that you're my mother,
Kind and caring and strong.
Coz surely no one else,
Could have put up with me this long!
3. From mum’s favourite boy
When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it's a mere formality.
It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.
If there was a contest of who is the one that gets mum’s hackles up all the time, the winner is only one - the prankish son! We all know that it’s also this one person who is the mum’s favourite. If everything you do is turned into a funny joke, then you’re the lucky one we are talking about.
Even if you are a mum’s favourite boy, you still need to remember to wish her well on her special day. You can easily go for some funny Mother’s Day sayings and famous quotes. Here are some examples:
- My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. - Mark Twain
- Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children! - Sam Levenson
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mum! Sorry for all I’ve done in the years from 7 to 21.
4. A mum-to-be is a mum, too
When you decide to have a baby, you agree that from now on, your heart will be outside your body.
A future mum is also a mother who deserves appreciation. To carry a child is not an easy task, so if you have a pregnant woman in your family, remember to grant her a few nice words on this special occasion.
Together with a pair of warm socks to await her newborn, you can choose some Mother’s Day messages from our Rainbow collection of wishes:
- This new life as a mother will be a bumpy road but worth it in the end! Plus, you have a whole new holiday to enjoy now.
- May your love gets stronger, house happier, but days shorter and savings smaller.
5. When there’s one more mother in your life
A mother gives you birth and gives you a life, but a mother-in-law gives you her life.
You haven’t forgotten about your mother-in-law, have you? She is the mother of your spouse, and yes, she celebrates Mother’s Day, too! As shocking as it might be, she deserves some nice wishes one day in a year. Pick something from Mother’s Day quotes and write it down on her card, especially if you are newly married. Start off on the right foot with a nice pair of socks and a lovely message:
- Mother’s Day has become even better once I gained another wonderful mum.
Or go with the funny ones:
- Thank you for raising your child well, so I don’t have to do it now.
Every mother deserves some nice words on every occasion possible. Once the May starts, pick a beautiful card and a bouquet and make your mum laugh with some original Mother’s Day sayings, wishes and quotes to make the day unforgettable!