- The Controller of the Personal Data of the Website available at: rainbowsocks.com, hereinafter referred to as the Website, is Iwuc sp. z o. o. with its registered office in Warsaw at Kłobucka B8/28, 02-699 Warsaw, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS No. [National Court Register No.] 0000636355, having NIP No. [Tax ID No.] 9512418776 and REGON No. [Statistical ID No.] 365371328, correspondence address: Kłobucka B8/28, 02-699 Warsaw, e-mail address: [email protected], hereinafter referred to as the Controller.
- Cookies – IT data, small text files saved by the websites you visit and stored on Devices you use to visit the Controller’s Website. The information contained in Cookies is essential to guarantee an appropriate Website operation. The files are encrypted, prohibiting the Controller from sharing them with unauthorised parties. The information contained in Cookies can be read only by the Controller and its contractors (for technical reasons).
- Devices – an electronic device you use for accessing the Controller’s website.
- User – every person who visits the www.rainbowsocks.com Website.
- Website – www.rainbowsocks.com, as well as its subpages.
II. USING COOKIES.
- Cookies are used only within the scope of User’s consent.
- The information gathered based on Cookies is used for appropriate optimisation of the Website, as well as for statistical, functional, marketing, and social media purposes.
- Cookies register the User’s activity, recognising the Device, owing to which the Website is displayed in a way that is optimised for the User’s individual preferences.
- The solutions applied on the Website are safe for the User’s Device. There is no possibility for any malicious software or malware to enter the User’s Device.
- The Controller uses two types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: these are files stored on the User’s Device that stay there until they leave the Website and turn off the Web browser. The saved information is then permanently removed from the memory of the Device. The mechanism of session Cookies does not allow for the downloading of any personal data or confidential information from the User’s Device;
- Persistent Cookies: are stored on the User’s Device and stay there until they are deleted. These types stay on the User’s Device for a time defined in the parameters of the file, or until the User manually deletes them. The end of a given session or turning off the Device does not lead to their deletion from the Device.
- Depending on the source of the Cookies, the Controller uses:
- First-party Cookies: files generated by the Website and placed on it by the Controller (e.g., essential);
- Third-party Cookies: are information from external servers, e.g., marketing, navigation service providers (maps and browsers). These types of files enable the assessment of the effectiveness of marketing activities and designing activities connected with them, in accordance with the User’s preferences (e.g., performance).
- Cookies are divided according to their function on the Website into:
- Technical/essential Cookies – files essential for providing appropriate operation of the Website, including: appropriate display of the Website depending on the Device used by the User or its settings; adjusting the content of the Website that is of technical importance for its operation (e.g., the Website’s language); remembering if the User agreed to the display of certain content;
- Performance Cookies – files used for measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities without identifying User’s personal data and for improving the functioning of the Website. For this purpose, the files are used to: analyse the statistics concerning the Website traffic and verify the source of the traffic (the so-called redirection); detect abuse of traffic on the Website (e.g., artificial traffic – bots); measure the effectiveness of Controller’s activities, e.g., in the Google advertising network, on external websites;
- Functional Cookies – files used for remembering the User’s settings on websites (background colour, language, shopping cart). As a result, the User, once they enter the website for the first time and set the preferences, do not have to set everything again. These types of files are most often types of persistent Cookies;
- Targeting Cookies – files used for tracking the User’s interests and preferences to adjust the advertisements. The files are installed on User’s end Device. The addressed advertisements can be displayed on other websites of the browser through re-marketing measures. Not providing the User’s consent to these Cookies does not have any negative effect on the use of the Website;
- The User can delete Cookies from the browser at any time.
III. WAYS OF DETERMINING THE STORAGE CONDITIONS OF COOKIES OR GAINING ACCESS TO THEM.
- The User has the possibility to limit or turn off the access of Cookies to their Device. In the event of pursuing this option, the User will be able to use the Controller’s Website, except for functions which, by their nature, require Cookies.
- The User can change the settings concerning Cookies on their own and at any time, determining the conditions of storing them and the access of the Cookies to the User’s Device.
- Changes in the settings referred to above can be introduced by changing the browser settings or through the configuration of the service. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of Cookies in the settings of the browser or to inform the User about placing them on the Device every time. Detailed information on the possibility and ways of supporting Cookies is available in the software settings (Web browser). Below, you can find links to information concerning the deletion of Cookies in some of the most popular Web browsers:
- The User can delete Cookies at any time, using the available functions in the Web browser they use.